Saturday, July 19, 2008

Summertime at Sage Hen

Hello fellow bloggers.  This is the first "official" posting of the Malan Mayhem blog.  This last weekend we had a great time at Sage Hen reservoir.  It's only about 2 hours from Boise.  There were quite a few other weekend warriors up there when we arrived, but we found a semi-secluded spot and set up camp.  The girls had a great time.  The food was excellent (dutch oven chicken and spuds).  We even made a dutch-oven peach cobbler.  

Here are a few pictures we took when we went on a nature walk.  The girls gathered some beautiful wildflowers that adorned our picnic table.   

Paige and I found a neat Woodpecker through our binocs, it was a Hairy, not a Downy.

Paige found a little friend.  Of course Savannah was terrified.  

Lydia really enjoyed the cake batter.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, Mer! Welcome to bloggerville. Soooo good to finally see you on here. You can't be a silent lurker and not eventually give in to your own blog! The camping trip looks awesome...See you Monday! :)

justin said...

Hey Meredith- Susie here..I really need to start a blog, your girls are adorable. We should try and get together sometime before the summer ends...Later Sus

Rilieanne said...

Can't wait to see you guys next week and have a weekend adventure together. I also can't wait to smooch on those girls!

amy said...

You finally have it up and running! yahoo! i love that paige is looking at the ground with her binocs! See you next week when we get back!

Tara said...

Meredith! On Monday you didn't say that you actually had a post on your blog! Can I just tell you that you are one of my most favorite people!

It is so fun to see your little girls, now I will get even more chances.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Meredith! My long lost friend. I am so happy to "find you". Your girls are just darling. I love you and miss you and have thought of you SO OFTEN over the years.

Joanna said...

Mere, it's about time. Love it. Your girls are beautiful and Congrats on "The Baby on the Way"

Meredith said...

Susie- Let me know when you get a blog up. Definetly lets keep in touch- it's been way too many years.
Molly- I have been watching your blog for awhile and am keeping you in my prayers. Next time I get to Utah we should get together.