Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The monsters


Meet Stella and Flower (little one) the monsters. The big monster, Stella, was Savannah’s first sewing project. I thought I’d let her try sewing on fabric yesterday since she has been sewing on paper all summer long. I was amazed at how well she did. She sewed the entire body by herself (or little to no help from me)- all I did was sew the eyes on and make it a quick apron. Pretty good for a 6 year old. My niece Breanna sewed the little monster. She did a great job also.
When Dan saw the monster he told Savannah that he thought monsters were too scary. Savannah thought this was pretty funny and when we went to bed last night she had them hidden under Dan’s pillow. Savannah- you made your dad scream.

4 comments:

Rilieanne said...

Dan,
You truely are priceless! Good job on the "scary" monsters Savannah - way impressed with your mad sewing skills, you too Bre.

Leslie said...

Oh! So Cute!

Joanna said...

Mere, You are such an awesome mom. Those girls are so lucky!!!!

Janene Kingsley said...

wow! She is going to be a great seamstress one day! Your such a good mom. I don't know that I would have the patience for such a project with Jordyn.