Thursday, February 26, 2009

Picture Day

One month ago, we decided to get pictures taken of Abram as well as family pictures. It ended up being quite the ordeal. We were with the photographer for 2 1/2 hours! Abram cried most of the time, and after so long the girls were all over the place. Before we were done, Dan had to leave for work so I had to change the kids clothes and load all the irritable kids into the car. It was quite the sight! I had 3 kids loaded onto our sit n stand stroller, and 2 of them were crying their eyes out. People downtown seemed to be looking at me funny. It seemed like there were no other children in sight! After I got all the kids loaded into the car and was putting the stroller away I realized why I looked so funny- I had an entire granola bar stuck to my skirt! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I felt that all this effort was a bust, and there was no way that the photographer was able to get decent shot, so I was very surprised and excited to see our pictures. The photographer down at Cherished Images sent me these proofs to post for you all to see.

8 comments:

Rasmussens said...

your kids are beautiful! I love the family pictures.

Marie' said...

I know that feeling so well. I HATE taking family pictures, but we keep doing it because we know we like to have them. your children are beautiful.

Rilieanne said...

I remember you calling me after this particular nightmare worried sick about the picutes not turning out - holy cow! I love, love every one you posted. Now the only question is: how much money to spend?

susie said...

I love them, your kids are so precious...at least it was a granola bar and not a boogar. You have such a beautiful family.

Kelsi said...

I just love them all! Your little man is a doll. I am glad that you chose her as a photographer. She does such an amazing job. Oh, and the granola bar story made me laugh out loud. I can just picture the whole ordeal.

Leslie said...

Oh, Mere! The pics are GORGEOUS! Although I totally laughed out loud at your description of granola bar. Isn't that how family pictures go? It seems that's always the turnout.

Nicole said...

Mer...
The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I especially love the one of all the girls looking at baby Abram. I'm thinking Xmas picture, maybe!!!

teri said...

The photographer did a wonderful job and everyone looked beautiful! . . .and we would never had guessed what an ordeal you went through as everyone is so calm and angelic. Yes I remember the days. . .When I had the 4 kids, we had pics taken in Logan and Emily who was about 1 1/2 or 2 kept pushing Jed out of the picture or who ever was next to her. I finally had to give up and Em wasn't even in the pictures! All the other kids were always were great "posers". Em still hates to have her picture taken. Love you guys!