Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Savannah's first day of 2nd grade

It has been a much anticipated event- but the yesterday was the day Savannah went to her first day of 2nd grade. Everything about her first day went great, and she was so excited when she got home. She said she had the best day ever! Her favorite part of the day was getting to play heads up 7-up. In her words "Mom have you ever heard of heads up 7-up? It was this really cool game and I got to be it only because I guessed the name of the person who touched my thumb!!!!" She has such enthusiasm for the little things in life.
Here she is! She looked so cute! She was excited about her new "dangling earrings" and I thought it was cute that she stuck sunglasses on her head. She's so stylin. She told me her friends didn't even recognize her with her new haircut.
Here is this year's back pack. She was very excited about it and attached several accessories to the zipper. Also, she insisted on having a house key (also attached to the zipper) even though we reassured her that I would always be home after school to let her in. She said a boy in her class told her that her back pack was cool, and he wanted to know where she got it and if they had anymore without pink polka dots. Hee hee!
Here she is walking to the bus stop! It felt like a longer, much more quiet day. We missed our busy little Savvy.

1 comment:

Rilieanne said...

I love the new hair cut - it makes you look so grown up. I'm glad you're enjoying school so far.