My mom turned 55 on Saturday, and to celebrate we had her over to our home for a birthday dinner. For dessert my mom once again chose an Angel food cake which the girls helped me decorate. Savannah wanted to put the candles on her cake, so we let her.....

There was a small argument, but Paige was finally allowed to put the last five candles on the cake. So here it is all 55 candles. Dan was saying we would need to light them fast, I was kind of thinking the candles were so close to each other we'd could probably get away with only lighting one before the rest caught fire. When we did light the candles there was a bit of surprise.....

Goodness! I didn't know if mom would be able to blow the candles out before the whole house caught fire.

It took a few tries, but with a little help from Dad (I missed that shot, darn it!) she was able to get the candles blown out. The whipped cream frosting did get a little runny, but luckily that was the only harm done. Next year I'll make sure to have a fire extinguisher handy.
3 comments:
You're so good to put on a party for mom and dad every year. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I miss being close enough to celebrate at least one birthday a month together!
happy birthday aunt donna!
Wow that cake is just glowing :) I sure miss you all! I'm glad you're in town to take care of mom. She really deserves it!
Post a Comment