Monday, April 19, 2010

From a Seed

Have you ever grown a bell pepper from a seed? Last year we tried. We were not successful because we did not realize how LONG it takes a pepper to go from a seed to producing a vegetable. Last year our pepper was pretty, but that was it. This year I was not going to make the same mistake. We planted our pepper seed the last week of February. It was growing beautifully in our window sill, and the other day I transplanted it to a bigger pot so it could continue to grow. Oh we've been admiring our beautiful pepper plant, and in a couple of weeks I would plant it in its final resting spot in the garden. And then......

It happened so fast. There was no saving it. I was actually pretty impressed with the amount of destruction, yet the dirt was untouched?

So much for growing a pepper from a small seed this year. However, I probably will hang on to it for awhile to see if there is any chance of a revival.

3 comments:

laura said...

let me guess... the work of a certain adorable little boy???

Meredith said...

You got it.... His middle name is destroy ;)

Kelsi said...

Sad that the plant was destroyed but good work on not making a total mess while doing it little man!