Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Savvy has her 8th Birthday


Savannah turned 8 on June 29th, and it has been kind of wild around here with all the parties. Between her family party, friend party, and baptism (along with 4th of July) it was a jam packed week. I can't believe I am old enough to have a child who was baptized, but it was a really special experience that we got to share with friends and family.
We had the family party first and as you can see she was excited by all the LOOT! My goodness, she got WAY too much.... She loved it though.


And of course she loves to be the star of the show :)

For her cake she wanted a funfetti cake in the shape of a butterfly. It was fun to make and really tasty.
After her party that evening she came down stairs and said to us "I can't believe I've finally turned 8.... I've been waiting for this day for like 5 years!" It was so sweet.

Her friend party came 2 days later. She invited both boys and girls, and honestly this was the first time that once the kids arrived I was a little nervous that some of our game choices were going be too young for them..... and I wished I had done something a little more "cool"? However they seemed to have a good time. We did the limbo, had a hula hoop contest (won by a 6 year old boy), and broke a pinata. Well Savannah is very social, and seems to make friends easily and she cracked me up at one point in the party when she said "We're ALL rockstars!" Oh dear........


Then Saturday evening (July 3) Savannah was baptized. It was such a special time and we were truly blessed to have so many family members in the area that were able to share this special occasion with us. She was so excited to finally be able to be baptized and officially become a member of the church.



She was emotional in the evening, and so excited to finally have been baptized and receive the holy ghost. It was special for us to see how much it meant to her.

4 comments:

laura said...

wow! you have been busy! i can't believe she is 8 now!!. I love the picture from the baptism

paula said...

Talk about a busy weekend. She looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU in the picture with the cake. Crazy.

Marie' said...

Congratulations to Savanna. Asha still remembers her and says she is excited for her.

Kimberly said...

I can't believe Savvy is 8 years old! She gets prettier every year:)Congrats Savanna!