Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby shower

Saturday my wonderful mother threw me a baby shower. She went overboard (like usual) and there were fun games, yummy food, great prizes, and amazing presents. My little boy made a hall. We got darling clothes, diapers, and some amazing homemade gifts. I definitely have the best friends and family. So thanks to all of you who were able to come. Here are a few pictures to highlight our great time.Me with my mom and Kelsi. Kelsi came up from Indiana for the weekend. It was so fun to see her and her cute little girl Maya (we were sad Hayden had to stay home). Kelsi was my only sister able to come. Everyone has moved away now except Hailey, and she ended up having to take a class that day. We missed you Hailey!

My mother in-law surprised me with this cute fish quilt she made.
Us playing games.
Two of my high school buddies- Leslie & Tara, it has been so fun to have them living close by. I'm so glad these girls were able to come.
Kelsi & her friend Emily- with Emily's little boy and cute little Maya.

Me with Cynthia Besecker (Kelsi's mother in-law). She knit me this darling little bear- so cute!

8 comments:

Janene Kingsley said...

I'm just so glad you are having a BOY! Girls are so fun for us mom's but Dad needs a Boy! How fun! Congratulations!

Leslie said...

Wow, you and your high school friends are kindof hot tamales these days....

Ha Ha, but seriously, I was sooo glad I could make it. Any event with you is fantastic. You're the greatest! It was also super fun to see Kesli after all these years, she looked amazing. And you're right, that little boy made a HAUL at the shower. Congrats! :)

Rasmussens said...

How fun to have a shower for that little boy. I am excited to see pictures of that little boy. I have to agree with Leslie, you are all some serious hot tamales.

J. said...

(dang, I have some cute friends)

Mere I can't wait for you to have this little boy.If he is anything like any of my boys, you guys won't know what to do.He's almost here. HOw exciting.
p.s. I was laughing so hard about your barbie cake. I hope you have a picture of it to share sometime.
HILAROUS!!!

laura said...

oh how fun! i wish i could have been there. i am so excited that you are having a boy!

The Burninghams said...

Hey cutie pa tootie!! You are just to cute prego. I love that we are back in touch. Let's do lunch one of these days when I am in Boise. xoxo

Rilieanne said...

I'm so sad I missed it! I'm glad Kelsi was able to make it though. Mom does know how to throw a party.

Tara said...

I am so glad I made it to your shower. I can't believe you are almost ready to have this little guy!!! Didn't you just tell me that you were pregnant?
P.S. Are we dating in that picture of us? Seriously, are we holding hands or something? Ha ha ha. Love you Mere!