Thursday, March 26, 2009

Easter dresses

It has taken me about a month, but I have finally finished the girls' Easter dresses. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I went with making them more dressy since I could only get the girls to wear their Christmas dresses to church one time because they did not think they were not"fancy" enough. I figure they will probably only want dresses like these for a few more years so... fancy it is. I used Butterick pattern #3350 - I modified the neckline and added an overskirt and slip ruffle. The fabric is from Joann's Casa collection. It is a sage greenish satin with a sparkle organza.
Here are the girls in their dresses.

6 comments:

Marie' said...

Nice job, Meredith! There is no question if it is fancy.
Your girls look amazing in them. I just love it that you are sewing. I feel inspired and energized every time I see your beautiful creations.

Kelsi said...

beautiful as always my girl. You cease to amaze me with your incredible sewing talent!

Danae said...

Meredith - Those are BEAUTIFUL! I am so impressed... how do you find the time to sew so much? Your little girls look so sweet. I bet they just love them and will be dancing around the house in them for a long time! Precious!

susie said...

Mere- You are so unbelievably talented...great job, the little ladies look adorable!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you have been a busy little sewing bee yourself! Great work! Doesn't it feel good to finish a project:) Do you have your Jo-Ann fabric sewing certificate hanging on your wall somewhere:)Mine is in my sewing box. Those were good times in the Burgh. So how are things going for the Malans? All of your kids have sprouted and are adorable how time fly's!!

Rachel said...

you are incredible. I don't even get myself showered most days and you're making dresses with 4 kids. WOW!! they turned out beautiful. I love the color of the fabric. and of course your most beautiful creations.. the girls inside!!