Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feeling Better


Ever since our Happy Day post I thought I had jinxed Lydia's good behavior. She started crying every day- I just didn't know what to do so I took her to the doctor who reassured me there was absolutely nothing wrong. A few days after going to the doctor Lydia started to throw up about 1 time a day with no other symptoms. I didn't worry about dehydration too much since she was still eating and drinking, however after about 5 days she was not looking too good and ended up being admitted to the hospital with dehydration. We thought it would be an overnight admission and after she was rehydrated we'd be home. However she would not eat and drink and continued to throw up. After 4 days/3 long nights in the hospital and several negative and painful tests the doctors concluded it was just a virus and we were able to come home. Now we are home and have had some up and down days but things are definitely on the upswing.

At this same time, Savannah and Paige have also started to throw up 1 time every few days (weird) but seem to be doing fine otherwise. After 3 weeks of cleaning up throw up, we're hoping the worst is behind us.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

So sorry to hear that, Mere. Hang in there!!!!!

Danae said...

Oh Meredith... I hope things get better soon. That is the worst! Poor little Lydia. Remember when you were in PA and Paige would get a fever like every month? I hope they all get better fast and you and Dan stay healthy!
p.s. congrats on the gold mine of fabric. How fun!

Marie' said...

That picture of little Lydia with an IV broke my heart. I hope you are all on the mend and thing will get better.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness! That poor baby. Nothing to break your heart like seeing your baby in the hospital.

susie said...

Mere- That's awful, you can tell how miserable she felt in that pic. of her and Dan...poor little gal.

The Burninghams said...

Oh no! 3 weeks of throw up. You poor thing!!!

Rachel said...

I feel so bad for you. Dan and I had to do that with Luke and it was awful. He was our only child at the time too. Your poor little Lydia too. She looks so sad.