Monday, April 6, 2009

A Green Tux

After I finished my little girls easter dresses I thought well I've got to do something for my boy. So this is what I came up with....
I laugh when I look at it because it is quite fancy, but it has to be to go with his sisters dresses. They might look like they are going to be in a wedding, but hey how long are they going to let me dress them like this or want to wear stuff like this anyway? I still might just leave the bow tie at home on Sunday. I used Burda pattern #9732 and the sage satin fabric from the girls dresses. The white shirt I got at Old Navy for $5- what a bargain!
Here he is, what a cute boy. I can't wait to take a picture of the kids all together in their Easter outfits.

7 comments:

Danae said...

Oh Meredith! You are too much. That little outfit for Abe is SO CUTE! I can't wait to see a group picture, too. Darling!

susie said...

Mere, you are such a good Mom. I'm sure your kids will look adorable.

Marie' said...

I can't get enough of your sewing. He looks so darling in the matching outfit.

amy said...

The bow tie completes the outfit. Don't leave it at home! So cute!

Unknown said...

I am amazed at all you accomplish with four small children. I think back when my kids were young, and I too loved making the Easter and Xmas outfits--amazing now that I am a retired, empty nester, I can't even get the beds made each day! You are only young once!

Kelsi said...

Unbelievable! It looks so professional, you are amazing my dear. I agree, leave the bowtie...too cute!

Marie' said...

Meredith,
Most Japanese sewing books are easy to follow and has lots of diagrams to lead you along. Since you already sew and have made many children's dresses, I don't think you would have any trouble. The recital book, I do admit, is a little tricky because it gives you a basic bodice and sleeve pattern and then you have to draft your own pattern for each dress using the measurements they give you. If you do buy the book, though, I would be more than happy to answer questions.