Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Warren Family Reunion

This last weekend we went up to Star Valley Wyoming for a big Warren family reunion (my mom's side) and my Grandma's 80th birthday celebration. It was great because all my cousins were there, and many of them I had not seen in about 8 years! We had a great visit with everyone and had loads of fun. On Saturday we had pictures taken then we had a Mardi Gras party with most everyone in costume. It was hosted by my super cute Aunt Ann who goes to Mardi Gras almost every year. My kids got 3 bags of beads, stuffed animals, and other prizes. After that my aunts' put together a carnival for all the kids. Once again my kids filled their bags with prizes (they've been busy playing ever since). After that we celebrated my Grandma's 80th Birthday with cake, ice cream, and presents. Then we followed that by looking at old slides of our parents from "back in the day". We had a great time reminiscing and enjoying the company of family. It was a special reunion that I dare say would be very difficult to repeat.
Here is Grandma with a few of the great grandchildren. Dan said we didn't have a "wide angle camera" so this was the best shot he could get. Probably 20 great grandchildren are cut out :(
Here we are with my Grams
Here are all my aunts (on my mom's side) with Grams. They all put so much work into the reunion to make it such a special event.
Here we are in costume before the Mardi Gras celebration. Abe went as himself :)
Here is my mom and Hailey all dressed up and ready to party.
This picture is left to right my Aunt Helen, Grams (of course), my Aunt Ann, and cousin Tonya dancing on stage.

6 comments:

susie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys got together. Your grandma looks just like I remember. I must admit,I was always a little afraid of your grandma. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Marie' said...

What a precious picture of your grandma and all the little great grandkids! Savanah is so pretty. She looks like she came straight out of a fashion magazine.

laura said...

thanks for the pictures!! what a fun time we had. sarah has been asking about paige ever since we got home :) hope you are getting some rest this week!

paula said...

How nice it is to see pics of your Mom's family. I haven't seen any of them since we were little kids. Do you remember how cool we thought Jana was? It was fun to see her again. I am with Susie...your Grandma was scary. Does she still have the doll room?I bet this was the most action that little town has seen in twenty years.

susie said...

Hey Mere- I would love an invite to your blog...My email is tntsuperfly@msn.com....and "No" I did not give this to myself..Justin gave it to me forever ago and it's just stuck.

Kelsi said...

How sad I am to of missed such an AMAZING event! I can't wait till we are out of school and able to join in the family festivities again. I love you sooooooo much!!!