Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goin' to the Dentist

This week was my week for preschool with the theme- teeth. Perfect! I decided to enlist Dan as today's educator. My first task was to convince him to get out his portable dental chair (given to him by his uncle). It took me awhile to convince him, but I really felt the chair would make it a memorable experience for the kids. Well I'm not sure if the kids will remember, but I definitely won't forget! After about an 1 1/2 hrs. of trying to assemble the chair I went to watch TV- Dan woke me up an hour later :/. At this point I was grateful I didn't push getting the dental lamp out as well (maybe next time ;)). However- now that he has the chair figured out I think next time it will take 15 min. max.

And here we have the finished product. What a cutie sittin' there.

Here is Dan teaching the kiddies about teeth. I was truly impressed with how good he did with the little kids.

Of course they were super impressed with the instruments!

He gave all the kids a ride on the dental chair, and did little exams on each of them. Here we have Paige opening wide (with some assistance of course)! She said my favorite quote of the day "Dad why are you acting like a doctor when your a dentist?" HA!

And this little guy clearly needs no assistance with the mouth opening.
Day 2 goin' to the Dentist- result... SUCCESS! The kids LOVED it!

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

Oh my gosh....Paige is just hilarious!! The picture of her with her mouth open, and the quote! Bet Dan loved that :)

Rilieanne said...

I totally missed this post. How fun for the kids to learn about their teeth from Dr. Dan - I always thought he'd make a great pediatric dentist.

Marie' said...

Awesome preschool! What a fun education.