This weekend I was able to reconnect with several girls from my high school days back in Rexburg. Some of these girls I had not seen in about 13 years! Some of them I saw 5 years ago briefly at Ashley’s wedding reception. We were able to spend time Friday afternoon through late Saturday night together. It was truly amazing how time truly melted away and we were able to reconnect and share our life experiences. When Leslie, Tara, and I were trying to plan the weekend we were worried that we would not have enough activities to keep us all busy. We went to dinner Friday night, lunch Saturday, did a little shopping, but the rest of the time we sat and talked and shared our life stories over the last several years. We spent several moments laughing and crying together. I realized how truly amazing these women all are. The many different trials we have all experienced (and overcome) and the trials many are currently experiencing. I mentioned to my husband on Friday night how everyone seemed the same as I remembered them and how little their personalities had truly changed. However, by the end of our visit on Saturday night I realize that even though personalities have not changed everyone has changed so very much through all of our different life experiences. I have such an appreciation and love for all of these wonderful ladies, and was so very sad to see them go.
I realized this morning I only had taken 2 photos of all of us- and these are the 2 pictures I have to share of our weekend together.

14 comments:
I'm so glad you gals had fun! I wish Susie would have gone. She really wanted to and was upset at herself on Friday for not making it work out that she could go.
It would have been fun to have Susie- I miss her.
Mere! Your the first post! Like you, I only have one picture and it is of the jewelry sale. Ha ha.
That was the best weekend. I loved every minute of it. Anyone who reads this, know that Mere is one amazing lady. She woke up at 6:00 am to whip up cinnamon rolls, eclairs and then later in the day made rolls. (Thats not to mention the 2 hour foot massage she gave everyone!) Mere, your the best. Love ya~
Meredith- I'm so bummed I didn't make it. I would've loved to see everyone, like Paula said I was kicking myself all weekend for not going. I'm glad everyone had such a great time together. Next time for sure I will go..Susie
What an amazing weekend it really was. Thanks for everything you did. I loved getting to see you and your cute fam! Can't wait till next year.
Meredith, you are the best!!! This weekend was such a speacial moment! I will never forget! You are darling and a wonderful mother! I loved reconnecting with you and can't wait to see you again. Thanks for everything you did, Love ya, Mandy
It looks like you girls had such a great time, I am bummed I couldn't make it and I would of not even had to of traveled for 5 1/2 hours.
I won't miss it next time!
Sounds like you girls had a great time, makes me long for my high school buddies! I'm so glad you were able to reconnect with these lovely ladies. I remember you all when you were just tiny, it's odd to see you all grown up.
Like I told the gals on Saturday night, you are a GEM. I can't get over your selfless love. You are truly one amazing gal. Thanks for being my partner in bringing this thing to fruition, I couldn't have done it without ya! :)
Meredith-This weekend was so much fun. I don't think you could possible be any nicer.You are about as nice as they come. You are so sweet and kind, and freakin hilarous. Thanks for evetyhing you did, Martha. You are quite the domestic diva. I can't untill next year. I can't wait to meet your little guy.
Meredith, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. You are so hilarious. I love you so much. Thank you for being so kind. I am glad that we had the chance to reconnect. I am so impressed with your cooking skills. Have a good week. Love Lyndi
Oh, you are so wonderful. I LOVED seeing you, Meredith. Thank you so much for all your service this weekend. All the kind things you did for us epitomize who you are. I really appreciate your example, and can't wait to hear about your little boy, and want to see pictures of your girls' dresses, and loved hearing your hilarious stories! Lots of love,
Amy
Meredith- I forgot to add this. You don't even look pregnant, you look great! Later Susie
Hey girl!!! It has been so long. I would love to hear from you. We come up to Boise a couple times a year. We should get together next time.xoxo
Susy McPherson Burnigham
Post a Comment