Friday, October 31, 2008

Blessing Outfit


I just finished our little baby boy's blessing outfit. I thought it turned out pretty nice. I chose a classic pattern- McCall 3063. I used an off-white dupioni silk for the pant/vest/bow tie, and a white pine cotton for the shirt. I'll admit I was nervous to use all white materials. I washed my hands each time I went to work on it, and I worried I would poke myself with a pin and get blood on it (that did happen, but it was a very small drop in a location I don't think anyone would ever notice!). I was nervous to make it, but now I'm glad I did. We can't wait for our little guy to wear it.

8 comments:

Leisel said...

Great execution, Mere! He'll look adorable!

Marie' said...

Very cute!
If you ever get blood on fabric or carpet, saliva works.

Janene Kingsley said...

I wish I could do that! It's adorable!

Leslie said...

Mere-you amaze me!

paula said...

How precious! You did a great job.

Rilieanne said...

That looks fantastic! Hopefully we'll be able to make his blessing to see it on him.

Kelsi said...

I just love your little guy's outfit. You are incredible. I really wish I was right there sewing with you. I learned so much!

justin said...

Mere- It looks great! Good Job. Susie