Sunday, August 16, 2009

Savannah (and Dan) vs. the comb

My girls love to do their dolls hair and it has happened several times that they will wrap either a comb or a brush up in the dolls hair and come get me to unravel the mess. After seeing all the tugging, pulling, and ripped out doll's hair you'd think they'd realize that maybe that's not such a good idea. However.... a couple of weeks ago Savannah came downstairs with a comb rolled up in the front of her hair to the roots. After working on it for a bit I wanted to cry because I thought for sure we'd have to cut it out by the roots (right in front of her face). Thank goodness for Dan and his handy pocket knife. After about 30 minutes and a comb in pieces Savannah was freed from the comb. As you can see there was a wee bit of breakage.
So when she suggested (after about a year of coaxing) to get a haircut, we got her into the hairdresser ASAP.
I think she looks just adorable! Now she wants to go with me to the hairdresser every time.

2 comments:

Rilieanne said...

Do you remember I did the same thing when I was little. Although, I believe I did rip my hair out because mom was threatening to leave me home. So, what's a kid to do? I do love the cut Savvy

Kelsi said...

holy cow that looks like alot of hair. Savannah does look beautiful with the new cut but really, could she look any other way? She'd be gorgeous with a mullet :)