Friday, October 17, 2008

Dresses done

I haven’t been keeping up my blog lately because I’ve been sewing. I just finished my girls’ Christmas dresses. I know it is not even Halloween, but I know once we hit Halloween time will fly and I will not have time. After making fancy Christmas dresses last year, I decided to do a less complicated corduroy dress. I used Burda pattern 9595 and I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.
Paige in her dress.

11 comments:

Marie' said...

Cute dress, and so festive! I like Burda patterns. I used to get Burda magazines, and they were great. Because they came straight from Europe, I felt that I could catch the fashion trend before it landed here, too. I agree about doing Christmas projects before the holiday season starts. I have Asha's night gown and my quilt to finish still.

paula said...

CUTE!

J. said...

Still looks compilcated to me. You are awesome. I can't wait to see how cute they all look togeather. You are amazing!

Leisel said...

I love corduroy and it fits the pattern so well. I love the cuffs with buttons - so adorable!

jami wyatt said...

Boy Meredith I didn't know you were such a great seamstress. You are going to have to teach me! I would love to come and "create" something with you. I made an Easter dress once, it was very simple because I was scared to death to do anything fancy. What a great mother you are!

Meredith said...

Jami-
I would love to have you come over and sew anytime! It has been so long since I have seen you. I hope all is going well for you and your family.

Rilieanne said...

They look great! I wish I still lived there so you could help me make some for my girls. I find it's funner to do projects with company.

Janene Kingsley said...

Paige is a blond? how did I miss that? or did she grow up after you guys left PA? I love the dress! I've been trying to learn how to sew clothing. I've made pajamas for all my kids and a dress for Jordyn. Then my machine was broken by Preston so I used that as an excuse to put it on hold for a while. You are so talented! It is beautiful! I love it!

justin said...

Mere- It's so cute, great job! I think I might try and sew some little aprons with pockets for crayons and markers for my girls for Christmas, wish me luck! Later Susie

laura said...

Cute dress! I wish I could sew like that, but I think my mom is the only one with that talent in my family!

Kelsi said...

You are so incredibly talented. I really miss sewing with you every week. I really learned alot and just loved being able to be with you! Your dresses are absolutely darling of course. Just like all your others.